I am honoured to receive The Versatile Blogger Award, nominated by The Belmont Rooster http://thebelmontrooster.wordpress.com/
For those of you interested in gardening may I point you in his direction, he has a virtual encyclopedia of plants, gardening etc and blogs about all sorts. I enjoy his writing style, his photography, variety of subjects and his humour 🙂 Because he has done it so well (and researched everything properly!) I have copied his version of The Versatile Blogger Award rules and protocol and I thank him for that 🙂
“When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.
Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.”
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So, 7 things about myself:
1. I sing very loudly in the car where no-one else can hear me
2. I love everything Bohemian and Vintage – embroidery, sequins, florals, rich textures but preferred mode of dress is jeans and top.
3. I don’t enjoy shopping and I dislike supermarkets.
4. I love the scents of old roses and violets, and blue / purple flowers
5. I like alot of time to myself when I don’t have to talk to anyone
6. I am a typical Taurus; earthy, stubborn, practical , calm… until once every few years someone will really make me angry then yep, I am afraid I do react like a bull…
7. I do not know how to use the remote control for our TV (because Roger hogs it) and when I try to use it I invariably have to wait for Roger to arrive to sort a “problem”.
So I need to find 15 other bloggers to nominate for this award. I dislike doing this bit because I am afraid of missing people out whose blogs I enjoy, and because some do not accept. I like doing it because it is acknowledgement to others that I really enjoy their blogs, it is a compliment. So…if you cannot for any reason accept your nomination please accept the compliment (nothing more needs to be done 🙂 ) I enjoy all the blogs I read so if your name isn’t here know I do appreciate all of the ones I follow.
1. The Novice Gardener http://thenovicegardener.wordpress.com/
2. The Contented Crafter http://paulinekingblog.wordpress.com/
3.Willow Archway http://willowarchway.wordpress.com/
4. Country Lady http://countryhomeandhearth.wordpress.com/
5. Rabid Little Hippy http://rabidlittlehippy.wordpress.com/
7. Old word Garden Farms http://oldworldgardenfarms.com/
8. Cauldrons and Cupcakes http://cauldronsandcupcakes.com/
9. Eric Tonningsen http://tonningsen.wordpress.com/
10. Bealtaine Cottage http://bealtainecottage.com/
11. Real Food Pledge http://realfoodpledge.com/
12. Gluten Free Gus http://glutenfreegus.com/
13. The why About This http://thewhyaboutthis.com/
14. The kindness Blog http://kindnessblog.com/
15. My Watering Can http://mywateringcan.wordpress.com/